Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Social Media has changed everything.

As the title says...These last few years have been amazing as far as to what a person can do online.  Remember when there was no facebook?  I've met so many great people in my life and now I can easily just reach out and contact them whenever I like.  We use to send letters and go out and check the mailbox hoping for a response from someone several days later.  Now...we simply push a button and PRESTO...our thoughts and feelings are shared with people all around the world.  I sit in my comfy office chair....sip my coffee....watch tv....and chat with friends and family as if they were right next to me. We as a people need to be thankful and remember just how good we have it.  As bad as it may seem at times..my worst day would actually be someone elses dream life.
My niece just left a couple of days ago to go to Bangladesh for a year.  She will be working over there to make a difference in other peoples lives.  She promises me that she will keep in touch on Facebook.  This world is not so big after all.

2 comments:

  1. It´s amazing! It´s great that you can keep in touch with friends and family all over the world! Love it!

    ReplyDelete